Tikeetha T, a great blogger at A Thomas Point of View, tagged me to share 10 things you don’t know about me. I was excited to get tagged by a fellow blogger and it’s nice to get to know the people you follow. It took me a little while to finally post, but here it is:
1. What is the one thing you wish you could do over again?
University. I was extremely shy then and wasn’t as comfortable being myself. While I had some great experiences, I feel like I missed out on a lot.
2. Why did you decide to blog?
I wanted to share my experiences, so people who were going through something similar would feel less alone. I also wanted to find more people like me. Even now, sharing things with friends, while they’re supportive, they don’t necessarily get it.
Blogging has helped me realize that growing up in an odd religion and being completely clueless about dating is much more common than I thought and there are plenty of people out there who are going through the same thing.
3. What motivates you to write? Do you write even when you have nothing to say?
Writing helps me process my thoughts and see the progress I’ve made. It’s therapeutic. I want to write what I wish had been available to me to read when I needed it.
I don’t write when I have nothing to say. I’m not one of those people who can talk for ages about nothing, and I can’t write about nothing either.
4. How many followers do you have?
9 – That feels a little embarrassing to admit.
5. Do you interact with fellow bloggers? How so?
Just by commenting on posts I particularly like. And the rare email.
6. Where are you from?
I grew up in northern California. I’ve been living in New Zealand for over two years, but I’m leaving soon.
7. What major social issue is on your radar at the moment and why?
Affordable health care. It makes so much more sense for people to take care of their minor health problems before they turn into something major, but that can’t happen if it’s unaffordable. Hopefully it’s improving.
8. Do you like sports? If yes, which ones?
I like watching basketball, but it’s painful being a Kings fan. I want to be a rugby fan and support the All Blacks, but I don’t think I’ve watched enough matches to qualify. I play a bit of tennis, squash and ultimate frisbee.
9. Have you ever done on-line dating? Why or why not?
I haven’t, but I’ll probably try it in the next year or two. For me, I think I’ll mostly use online dating when I’m looking for a long-term relationship, but I’m not ready for that yet.
10. If you were ever to run for and be elected as President of the United States of America, what would be your top issue to tackle?
To remove the red-tape in government. Having worked in government, you meet a lot of people, Republicans and Democrats, who really want to make a difference. They start off really motivated to help people, but the bureaucracy you have to deal with to get anything done is demoralizing and most people just get worn down and give up.
It was tough to choose. These are all blogs I’ve enjoyed following and want to know more about the authors.
Atheist Mormon Housewife
Cup of Mo
Drie by Drie
The Girl from Jupiter
Human at Large with Keyboard
Little Caroline Travels the Big World
Modern Day Alice in Wonderland
Pressing into the Dawn
The rules are as follows:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you and answer their 10 questions
2. Add the badge to your post
3. Write your own 10 questions and tag 10 bloggers to do the same
My Questions to the Nominees:
1. How did you choose your blog’s name?
2. Do you have any other blogs? What are they?
3. What’s your day job?
4. What has been your favorite place to live and why?
5. What is the last thing you baked?
6. Be physically perfect but feel constantly sick or be obese but feel amazing?
7. What is one thing about dating that you know now, but wish you had known 5 years ago?
8. What dating sites or apps have you tried (if any)? How were they?
9. What’s your favorite thing to do to relax?
10. Would you be interested in writing a guest post for my blog? (No pressure here, just curious)
6 thoughts on “10 Things About Me”
Sigh, young lady, we have to talk about your answer to #8. All Black fan, really? Take it from a proud South-African. Nothing wrong with supporting our rugby team and become a die-hard Springbok fan like me! We are already beating you senselessly in cricket.
Obviously I am just kidding!
Maybe I should let the results of the world cup determine which team’s worthy of my support!
Uhm…No…you…you…should decide…uhm…before the world cup. That way you will never feel the exhilaration of being a only-support-team-when-they-do-well fan like we do. Not…not…that…I…I…am saying I am, but I have…uhm…heard about people like that.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Sigh, I guess you are becoming an All Black supporter now that they have narrowly beaten the Springboks. But…you know…the ref…ugh….the ref…did something or other…sigh.
Well, they certainly kept the All Blacks on their toes! It was a tense match to watch.